It is currently 23 Jun 2017 20:23

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the BC RV Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access, to view discussions and access our other features join our free community. You will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Diamond in the rough prt 4 time to start fixing
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010 14:18 

I took the trailer to my companies warehouse to do the repairs on the friday after work . started to tear the damaged areas apart .Then myself and 2 of my buddies on the saturday finished the tear down , and then the fun started we had to pull 3 windows ( Their really in there good Lol)and remove all the metal that needed to be replaced ,cut the bad area of the floor and reframe in a 12"x24" patch . Since i had all the metal was removed from the underside of the berth and it was never insulated from the factory so i figured what the heck and insulated under the berth . We had it all apart in about 3 1/2 hrs . Then the rebuilding began , it actully went really good , just took our time as we only had one shot with the new metal, measured 4 times cut only once . The tough part was handling the 25' piece , the windows went in really easy , fixing the berth wall was simple just sistered up some new 2x2's . The underside was not to bad just making sure that the new layout was right as we changed it from what was done at the factory . The fun began when i tried to install the corner caps at the front of the berth , i brought a conduit bender from work and it worked great for the top of the roof and the top of the berth but as i tried to bend it at the point of the berth that's when i ran into problems it was not working and i finally gave up and ran out of time(as i only had the warehouse for the weekend ) not to mention corner cap. So i took it to a rv repair shop on the monday , i won't mention which one as they did a terrible job sealing up the front and the rear corner . I did the windows myself ( and fixed what they did ) to save money . But all in all it was well worth the work , would i do it again sure it was a learning exp. And i'll get years of enjoyment with the kids with it .
[url][/url]Image[url][/url]

1999 F150 sc 4x4
2003 Bonair 5th whl 25' BH

Post subject: Re: Diamond in the rough prt 4 time to start fixing
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2016 03:06 

Good work you have done so far,...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]