It is currently 25 Jun 2017 15:36

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the BC RV Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access, to view discussions and access our other features join our free community. You will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Insurance Claims
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 18:10 

Hello All Does anyone know if the owner of a rv in an insurance claim is responsible to make sure the repairs are done to a acceptable standard or is this a responsibility of the of the insurance company . This British Columbia Canada.

Post subject: Re: Insurance Claims
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014 18:54 

hello jackleg, in response to your inquiry, I had a slight mishap with the eaves trough on the home where I park my 5th wheel , I made an insurance claim, because I had punched a hole in the side of my trailer ,after 3 months waiting for a piece of moulding, the repair shop called to say the trailer was ready for pick up. when I looked at the repair job a week or so later, I noticed that the moulding had never been replaced, so, I contacted the insurace company [ AVIVA ] who got in touch with the repair company, who in turn called me & told me to bring the trailer back, it has now been repaired to my satisfaction.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2014 07:19 

Thanks for the reply but I seem to be at a dead end with aviva

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2014 08:52 
Forum Admin

Not a fan of Aviva, they tend to send the trailer to the crappiest shops that do sub par work, from what Ive heard not experienced.
I'm staying with icbc for now.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2014 18:10 

After much fighting with the insurance company our unit went back to comox valley rv on Aug 29. I brought it home today after they reglued the outer wall and redone the underneath sealing. Of course they never put any foam in the cracks or holes on the underneath sealing. Just covered with tape. At this point I don't care. I am tired of fighting with insurance and repair shops. It just shows the kind of repair work u get at that place and I have pictures to prove I am not lying. I will stay away from there and take my business elsewhere.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2016 04:48 

It happened with me once, actually it isn't fault of the insurance company, the repair shops try to save as much money as they can by using low standard products and materials, if you complain this to the insurance company they will surely take care of it, in my case Group Insurance Richmond Hill instructed the repair shop not to use sub standard methods and materials, for this you have to check the vehicle by visiting the repair shop.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2016 08:10 

frdfan wrote:Not a fan of Aviva, they tend to send the trailer to the crappiest shops that do sub par work, from what Ive heard not experienced.
I'm staying with icbc for now.

Our experience with Aviva was exactly the opposite , and couldn't have gone any better. First off, they voluntarily reduced our deductible from $500.00 to $100.00 (apparently this was due to our no previous claim history). We made our own choice of the repair facility. When there was a mix-up with the final billing, because of the reduction in deductible to be charged, they sent us a cheque for the $400.00 difference quite un-expectantly. When we explained that we had sorted out the mix-up directly with the repair facility, they asked that we simply destroy the refund cheque instead of insisting that we mail it back to their office. Dealing with their insurance adjuster was also quite smooth. All in all, based on our experience we would recommend Aviva.

...VTX-Al

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]