It is currently 25 Jun 2017 15:37

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the BC RV Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access, to view discussions and access our other features join our free community. You will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Power Options
PostPosted: 07 May 2017 19:14 

Hey Guys, my family and I are now parked in a semi permanent spot at the lake. The resize has a generator that runs 12hrs a day and I was curious if anyone had any ideas for being able to run patio lights or the tv for the kids at night. Running an inverter generator isn't an option as it says so in the rules. Im sure there are some other options I'm not aware of.
Cheers CKD.

Post subject: Re: Power Options
PostPosted: 07 May 2017 20:46 
Forum moderator

Sounds like you have shore power during the day, correct? if so I would just add a bit more battery capacity and a PSW inverter to run your TV etc at night, the batteries will be charged by the rv's converter charger during the day when the resort's generator is running.
As far as patio lights go, I would look into a 12v LED light strip (they work great), running an inverter with 110v lighting would be a bit taxing on your batteries.

I am running a 1500w inverter and transfer switch to power the trailer off dual 6v 225AH batteries, which is more than enough to watch the tv in the evening, charge phones, computers etc.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]