It is currently 25 Jun 2017 15:32

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the BC RV Forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access, to view discussions and access our other features join our free community. You will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Tires
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017 09:51 

Just purchased new tires for my 2007 Triple E Topaz trailer.
I found on Maxxis Canada website had 25% off sale and free shipping.
After lots of research on different tires, I decided I would try the Maxxis M8008 they get great reviews.
The tires arrived today and I noticed the manufacture date code was 3215 so August 2015.
I thought buying direct from Maxxis I would get the newest tires. I am not sure if I am just being picky
or it that normal that new tires are 2 years old when you buy them.

MIke

Post subject: Re: New Tires
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017 13:04 
Forum moderator

I wouldn't be too happy but I don't know if I would complain or not.

I am in search of tires as well this year. I think the Maxxis is what we have now. Just checked out tires at Costco. Never heard of them but the seemed to have good reviews for the most part.

PostPosted: 04 May 2017 22:44 

I've been told that motorhomes should have tires that are no older than 5 years, and of course the stretched limit is 7 years. My question is: When new tires are installed on a motorhome what do you consider should be the maximum time since manufacture? One tire store told me 12 months, I thought that on the high side. What is your experience with this issue?

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2017 23:03 

I had asked the question- when buying new tires, what do you consider the maximum age of the rubber should be. I had visited a major tire retailer and had seen tires on the shelf that had the date of 46th week of 2016. Because of other issues I put off the purchase by two weeks, they then had to bring in the tires from the warehouse, thus I received tires dated the 7th week of 2017, and it was June 6th. I was quite pleased with the date on the rubber. Just have to hit the highway and check them out.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]